The Organizing Committee of CCTA 2020 is pleased to announce Student Travel Support, made available by the IEEE Control Systems Society. These funds are meant to enhance the chances of promising students to attend CCTA 2020, present their papers and become more integrated into the CSS scientific community. The limited amount of funds available are not reimbursed to the student awardees, but are applied by the conference organizers to conference registration; please click here for more information.
Eligibility and Requirements
- must be an author or co-author of a paper accepted for presentation at CCTA 2020,
- must register at the conference (please see the related instructions),
- must present at least one paper.
In order to be eligible for the program, an applicant must be a (student) member of both IEEE and CSS, at the time of the conference registration. In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, additional criteria will be used to make a selection among the applicants. These additional criteria, in decreasing order of importance, prefer applicants who have not benefited from this scheme in the last two years, will present more than one paper at the conference, have been student members of the CSS since more years, can demonstrate active participation in CSS. In addition, the selection committee may decide to limit awards where more than one presenter from the same institution would otherwise be offered an award to attend the same conference.
The application website opens on May 30 and closes on June 15. To apply, students must fill in the form available at http://homepages.laas.fr/lzaccari/StudentSupport/ using login: student password: student-ccta2020. The filled form must be converted to PDF format, and uploaded/submitted through PaperPlaza as follows:
- Step 1: Select Submit a paper or session proposal for the CCTA 2020
- Step 2: Select First Submissions: Student Travel Form (please make sure that the student who is applying for the travel support is listed as corresponding author of the application)
- Step 3: To complete the application procedure, the Student’s Advisor must contact via e-mail Giulia Giordano, Student Activities Chair of the IEEE Control Systems Society (firstname.lastname@example.org), and provide her with the following information:
- Certification that the applicant is currently enrolled as a student and is planning to attend and present a paper at the CCTA 2020
- Short message of support of the Student’s application (less than 10 lines).
Deadlines and Award Notification
- May 30: the application website opens
- June 15: the application website closes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not register until you have received the decision letter where the details of the special registration procedure for Student Travel Awardees will be announced. Please be aware that the registration fee may not be reimbursed in case you have already registered using the standard registration procedure.
- (To be announced): deadline for registering and uploading the final version of the manuscript.
Student Best Paper Award
The CCTA 2020 Organizing Committee is pleased to announce the CCTA 2020 Student Best Paper Award. The award is funded by the IEEE Control Systems Society (CSS) and has been established to recognize excellence in a CCTA paper whose primary contributor is a Student Member of the IEEE. Selection for the award is based on originality, clarity, and potential impact on practical applications of control, and all student nominees are expected to present his/her paper at the CCTA 2020. Details of the award, including a list of past recipients, can be found at: http://ieeecss.org/awards/conference-control-technology-and-applications-best-student-paper-award
The nomination for this award is open until June 25th, 2020, and nominations must be made via Paperplaza. To make a nomination follow the “Submit a Contribution to the CCTA 2020” link on the main Paperplaza page.
The primary author must be a student at the time of the CCTA 2020 deadline for the initial paper submission, and an IEEE Student Member for the year 2020. The nominated paper must have been accepted for presentation at the CCTA 2020.
Nominations must be made by the student’s professor (advisor) and include a paragraph:
- certifying that the nominee is the main author of the paper,
- certifying that the nominee was a student at the time of the CCTA deadline for initial paper submission,
- certifying that the nominee has an IEEE membership for the current year,
- containing a brief description of the contribution of the paper,
- explaining the main reason for nomination for the award, and
- providing the advisor’s contact information as well as the student IEEE membership number.
Nominations are limited to one paper per advisor.
The nominee must present the paper at CCTA 2020. The finalists and winners of the award are decided by a committee appointed by CSS. The decision criteria are based on the quality of both the paper and the presentation.
The award will be announced during the CCTA 2020. Each finalist will receive a certificate and the winner receives a plaque.